Getting back to normal
Still feeling a 2010 hangover? What with all the best of/worst of lists that abound it all feels a bit much.
To get into a new-beginnings frame of mind that’s a lot more cheerful, here’s a list of our own of things to do on day two of the New Year.
1. Go to the gym, they’re open today — and sure there will be the extra New Year’s Resolution crowd in there, but it’ll still feel great and if your gym has one, spend a few extra minutes to relax in the hot tub or the sauna (or a really hot bath or shower at home).
2. Take a long walk somewhere, preferably with someone you love, but if not, with the person you love the best — yourself.
3. For Girlboxing’s boxer friends, feel inspired. This is going to be a great year for women’s boxing with a lot of well-matched bouts, plus some terrific amateur fights. Check out Women’s Boxing Archive Network’s 12/30 piece on upcoming fights to get of taste of what’s coming up here.
4. Help someone. Whether it’s being extra nice to your kids, your spouse or a friend; or going out to give your time to a charity or something as simple as buying a street person a cup of coffee, none of us can do it alone and it’ll sure feel good.
5. Write a short list of five things or less that you want to accomplish this year. List out how you can go about achieving those goals. You don’t have to think of it as a set of resolutions so much as a map of the things that are important to you. Having written them down — consider that now is the time to start getting them done.