Women’s Boxing Olympic Trials Day One, 2/13/2012!
The brackets have been set for this week’s historic competition.
The four top seeds are the four top finishers from the 2011 USA Boxing National Championships held last summer. According to USA Boxing, the “unseeded boxer each drew a ping pong ball to determine her opening round opponent in the historic event at Sunday’s manual draw.”
That is pretty heady stuff indeed with the action set to begin tonight with a total of twelve bouts starting at 7:00 PM tonight Pacific Time.
You can watch ALL THE ACTION HERE!!! Just click on the link!
The bout sheet for tonight’s Winners Bracket Quarterfinals is as follows:
1. Marlen Esparza (Red Corner) vs. Cynthia Moreno (Blue Corner)
2. Taversha Norwood (Red Corner) vs. Alex Love (Blue Corner)
3. Christina Cruz (Red Corner) vs. Virginia Fuchs (Blue Corner)
4. Tyrieshia Douglas (Red Corner) vs. Latonya King (Wingate) (Blue Corner)
5. Queen Underwood (Red Corner) vs. Bertha Aracil (Blue Corner)
6. Lisa Porter (Red Corner) vs. Mikaela Mayer (Blue Corner)
7. N’yteeyah Sherman (Red Corner) vs. Asia Stevenson (Blue Corner)
8. Tiara Brown (Red Corner) vs. Patricia Manuel (Blue Corner)
9. Franchon Crews (Red Corner) vs. Claressa Shields (Blue Corner)
10. Dara Shen (Red Corner) vs. Andrecia Wasson (Blue Corner)
11. Tiffanie Ward (Red Corner) vs. Tiffanie Hearn (Blue Corner)
12. Tika Hemingway (Red Corner) vs. Raquel Miller (Blue Corner)
For more information about tonight’s bouts click on the USA Boxing link here.
For live stream information, click here.